This is where in the world I am.
A Garmin InReach map showing my daily GPS location/notes.
Using the above Daily Mileage spreadsheet the number of miles hiked per day were calculated and plotted.
The six zero-days (= 0 miles) and many nearo-days (< 10 miles) can been seen clearly.
The following are some of the key days based on the plot.
- Day 44, 45 & 46 were three nearo days in preparation to fly home (see next bullet). It was also sadly the end of my joint hiking with Lex.
- Day 47 & 48 were two zero days to travel from Roanoke VA to Austin TX for a performance of the traveling Broadway musical Hamilton with Kathy.
- Day 63 was a meet-up with Robert “Bilbo” Livezey to help me resupply and plan my next days through the “Roller Coaster” and beyond.
- Day 70 was a zero day with Art Rodgers and his children at Greenbrier State Park in Maryland.
- Day 84 was a zero day with Joanne and Dave Rodgers at their home in Montclair NJ.
- Day 92 was a zero day with Nance and Jack Williford at their home in Hopewell Junction NY.
- Day 111 was a meet-up with Tim “Hog” Hogeboom (Triple Crowner) in Hanover NH, take me to his home, feed me, and help me plan for the upcoming White Mountains.
- Day 114 was entry to the White Mountains. The hiking difficulty increased by a factor of two and the daily hiking distance decreased by a factor of two!
- Day 119 was a nearo day with Mark Rodgers ascending toward Mt. Washington.
- Day 122 was a zero day for mental health at the Rattle River Hostel outside of Gorham NH after a very difficult ascent/descent of Mt. Madison.
- Day 141 to 147 was the One Hundred Mile Wilderness.
- Day 148 was a nearo day for the ascent/descent of Mt. Katahdin.