SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, SCHOOL OF LAW, CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (CLE) DEPARTMENT JULY 2017 – Present Part-time.
● Enhance and maintain CLE Website written in PHP with Zend Web and Doctrine DB Frameworks to a MySQL DB managed via GITHUB. Supports both Customer Lawyers and CLE Admin Staff.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AS A FREELANCER FOR PERSONAL, FRIENDS & FAMILY JULY 2013 – Present Part-time.
● Design and develop Virtual Steering-Wheel iPhone App using phone movement written in Swift on Xcode using Bluetooth Low Energy to control a track-driven robot weed cutter.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, EXTENDED CAMPUS, OSHER LIFELONG LEARNING INSTITUTE (OLLI) JULY 2015 – JULY 2017 Part-time.
● Enhance and maintain UT OLLI Website written in Python using Dojo Toolkit UI with Django Web Framework to a MySQL DB managed via GITHUB.
THROUGH-HIKER ON APPLACHIAN TRAIL, EAST COAST, USA APRIL 2019 – SEPTEMBER 2019 Full-time.
● Hike the 2200-mile Appalachian National Scenic Trail from Springer, GA to Mount Katahdin, ME in 148 days taking 6 zeros.
THROUGH-HIKER ON PACIFIC CREST TRAIL, WEST COAST, USA APRIL 2014 – SEPTEMBER 2014 Full-time.
● Hike the 2650-mile Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail from Campo, CA (Mexican border) to Manning Park, BC (Canadian border) in 144 days taking 8 zeroes.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES (IBM), VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS, AUSTIN, TX & POUGHKEEPSIE, NY 1984 – JULY 2013 Full-time.
● Design and develop software for IBM customer and internal projects including Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) as a committer, Open Compute Language (OpenCL) Khronos standard, Los Alamos National Laboratory Roadrunner supercomputer using the Cell processor and Java Development Kit (JDK) on Linux.
● Teach Object Oriented Technology across the US, and co-write “Developing Object-Oriented Software: An Experience-Based Approach” with members of the IBM Object Oriented Technology Center (OOTC) team.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES (IBM), VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS, POUGHKEEPSIE, NY 1971 – 1984 Full-time.
● Design and develop software for IBM customer and internal projects including Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and 3D Solid Modeling CAD with ray-tracing visualization.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, SCHOOL OF LAW, CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (CLE) DEPARTMENT JULY 2017 – Present Part-time
Whether you have a question about me, my software development background, an upcoming project or anything else, I am here. I look forward to hearing from